Monday, December 31, 2007

Old Tradition

Dear 2007,

I've been going through my day planner of you for a few days now trying to figure out just exactly what you've been to me. Looking back on some of these past entries, you're not really a bad year, not really a great year. More good than bad though. I'm pretty sure I've figured out the analogy though. Since sports are prevalent in this blog, football is a good one.

2007, you're like the new young quarterback drafted in the 1st round right after the veteran quarterback just retired. Like a John Elway or eventually Brett Favre. So you could be compared to a Jay Cutler or an Aaron Rodgers or even a Luke McCowan, the eventual starter for the Bucs. There are times that you've been great and times that you've shown your rookie status. You took a team from a 3-13 record (2006 was more of a 1-15 status) and you've gotten the team to 9-7. But the playoff picture is still unclear as of now. All that we know is that you helped the team out, got the trust instilled in the fans, but now you have to step up and prove yourself to the rest of the team and the opponents.

In 2007 I did some amazing things. If you would have told me that in the same year I will have premiered a feature movie, rode a camel, shot a short film in a bug infested pool hall, worked in a candy packing factory, lived homeless in NY for 5 weeks, started bar tending and learned enough economics to make conversation, I would have called you crazy. There were some great times, there were some hectic times, there were some times I didn't think I'd make it through. I've made some amazing friends that I know I'll never lose, and at the same time lost some friends I never thought I would lose. But since the gain outweighs the loss, we're not in a deficit (see what I've learned Danny) and in a slight surplus. In football terms it means we're at 9-7 and possibly in the playoffs. Even so, you needed to gain some experience 2007, and you've helped me do that.

2008 will be another interested graduating year that I have no idea where it will go. Hopefully the QB can stay healthy and we can make some good off season acquisitions. I'm hopeful.

Sincerely,

Asher


Past logs :

2004
2005
2006

No comments: