Wednesday, March 19, 2008

There are palm trees here

Dear Danny,

Sorry for not updating in a long long time. I do believe this is my first post of the new year. And it's March. A lot has been going on that I will update on periodically throughout the coming weeks. Right now I'm watching the produce guys unload grocery products into the deli next to Linda's apartment. I'll be out here for the rest of Spring break, so expect a long updated post early next week.

Until then, a short poker story. I was playing a $5 SnG with Danny and it had the most ups and downs we've ever seen in a measly little $5 SnG. At one point, with the blinds at, I believe, 150/300, there were 4 of us left. Me, Danny, and this other clown all had around 1500, while the other guy had around 6000. Somehow Danny survived to 3rd, and then it was me and this other goon. Blinds went to 200/400 and I had, I'm not kidding, 1300 in chips. Literally, every hand for the next, I'd say 7 hands, I pushed. And this goon folded, I'd say 6 of them. Then I doubled up, and suddenly had the chip lead. Then twice in a row when I had him all in and had a far better hand, he sucked out, putting me back to around 2000 in chips. Needless to say, I eventually caught back up and won. It was the most satisfying 17 dollars I've ever made.

Anyway, more later. Till then, push those aces and bet your draws, you never know when you're gonna suck out

Asher

No comments: