Sunday, December 31, 2006

Ode to 2006

No one reads this anymore, but it's a tradition I've had for a little, so I have to continue it.

2005

Dear 2006,

You can kiss my ass. Actually, no that's inappropriate. We just need to get you some pills. you've definently proved to me that years can have mental issues, including manic depressive and scizophrenia. You were at times amazing, some of the best, and at times possibly the worst. You started off not too bad, not great, but not bad. You went up and down slightly, then once you hit mid way you were up and down.

You would do things like give me a birthday. And over said birthday weekend, made it the absolute worst 70 hour period of my life, which I will always consider that birthday. You gave me some feeling of accomplishment with the semi-completion of my film, you introduced me to some people that will change my life forever, you set me up so 2007 could be a great year. You were also kind of a dick for about 5 months there. Just saying.

I can honestly say that in 2006 I slept the least that I ever have. Between the 4 days in the steenbeck lab, to the summer, to the end of this semester, even Brandon was wondering how I can function on such little sleep. That's just my long winded way of saying that 2006 has been a test. I survived, I made it out of you. I'm stronger, I think. I'm wiser, I think. I guess the only way is to see 2007. Which has to be good. You just have to.

So farewell 2006,

Please never write or call,

XoXo,

Asher

No comments: