Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Smokin' Aces

I just watched one of last summer's action movies, Smokin' Aces and I just wanted to publicly commend this movie for a few things.

1. Sticking with the ending it did. The alternate ending, rightly named "Cowboy Ending" has a shoot out with guns blazing, while the ending they ultimately stuck with is really compelling.

2. This movie should get applause for being roughly 4 movies rolled into one. Well, I don't know if applause is really the right way to phrase it, because a big time Hollywood movie should be focused...or it can be a ton of movies in one. An action movie, a police drama, a comedy, a couple scenes of noir, a couple scenes of Die Hard and Alicia Keys being the voice of reason. Kinda like eating pizza with chinese food with some burgers.

3. Two words. Ryan Reynolds. Jesse told me before I saw this that he gives his best performance. And while I love Ryan being hilarious in everything, he's got some real soul in him that just pops on screen. His best performance I've seen yet, and I loved Just Friends.

That's all for now. Phillies/Rockies start tomorrow at 3, you best be watching and cheering on big red.

- Asher

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ryan reynolds and 'real soul' in the same sentence?

now i'm curious.

Anonymous said...

Ryan Reynolds kicks ass