Friday, October 19, 2007

My Kind of Town

At ITP, one of my 2 1/2 jobs, the computer here has a relatively weak iTunes selection. But one thing it does have is a large Frank Sinatra selection, which usually gets me through the day. Even though he's talking about Chicago for some odd reason, his song kicks off with the lyrics "Now this could only happen to a guy like me/ And only happen in a town like this/ So may I say to each of you most gratefully / As I throw each one of you a kiss..." And it always picks me up and gets me jiving. Even on days like this where the sky seems to be falling.

Here are a few snippets of conversation I've had recently since posting an update that summize most of my life here.

Me : I'd like to buy a Dash (kind of phone)
T-Mobile rep : Ok, so the new plan is going to be...(new internet plan, I currently have no internet plan)
Me : No, I don't need the new plan.
Rep : You have to get the plan.
Me : But I don't want the plan.
Rep : But you have to sign up for it for the phone.
Me : I've come in before and asked and everyone's told me I never had to.
Rep : I guess they told you inaccurate information.
Me : Well, can I sign up for it and then cancel it?
Rep : No.
(I leave, call customer service and find out I actually can cancel the service and only be charged 1 dollar. I return 15 minutes later.)
Rep : So you want the plan?
Me : I'll get it and just cancel it once I get home.
Rep : So you still want the phone?
Me : Yes.
Rep : Why?
Me : Why do I want the phone?
Rep : Without the service.
Me : To be a phone.
Rep : Just a phone?
Me : Yeah.
Rep : Just to like make and recieve calls?
Me : Yeah.
Rep : Ok, if you say so...

I'm very happy with my new phone that's just a phone thank you very much.

This is one of my favorites from Benny's from a few weeks ago :

Customer : Hello.
Me : Hello
Customer : I'd like a taco platter thing that you have like the West Village one.
Me : Well, we're actually not the same store as the West village Benny's, but if --
Customer : What do you mean?
Me : We're different stores.
Customer : How so?
Me : We're under different ownerships...
Customer : So what's that mean?
Me : It means we have different things...
Customer : Why?
Me : We just have different menus. What exactly do you want?
Customer : Some tacos...
Me : Ok, we have that...

He eventually got the tacos he wanted, I think.

My screenplay class is one for the ages. It's a 1 on 1 class, so I just bring pages to my teacher every 2 weeks. Here's a basic rundown of our meeting yesterday :

Me : Hello
Linda : Hello. The pages (the first Act) are good.
Me : Thank you.
Linda : I have one suggestion (she makes her suggestion). The rest looks good.
Me : Ok.
Linda : That's about it. Keep going.
Me : That's it?
Linda : I hope all my meetings are this easy.

Guess I'm doing something right watching football while I write my screenplay. Once football season is over though, I think I'm screwed.

In other big news, I decided that since I spend so much time on my laptop writing and the such, I should buy video games for it. So NHL 2008 has been purchased. On my way to lead the Rangers to the Cup. I also bought Diablo but am weary to start playing as I think I'll never get any work done with it.

Keep on rockin.

- Asher

No comments: